ISUD7 Student Paper Award
The ISUD7 Student Paper Award was presented to Samsun Nahar for her paper entitled:
"Steady and unsteady flow characteristics of a shear thinning fluid
through a collapsed elastic tube"
The best presented student paper will be selected by the Scientific Committee for the ISUD7 Student Paper Award.
1. Student paper authors have to apply for the award, or being nominated by a co-author or Professor before 26th of February 2010, to the local organizing committee of the 7th ISUD.
2. To be eligible, candidates (first author of the paper) must be registered as a full-time student at a higher educational institution at undergraduate, master, or doctoral level.
3. Exceptionally, doctorates that finished recently their work are eligible if at the date of submission of their paper, their PhD thesis is not more than six months old and the presented work related to the dissertation.
4. The nominated papers must be among the papers submitted and accepted for the Symposium and printed in the proceedings.
5. The papers will be distributed among the Jury for grading by each member.
6. Grading goes between 1 and 10, 10 being the maximum.
7. Grading should take into account significance of the topic chosen, originality, writing style, the author's ability to situate it in a theoretical framework and within the development of the discipline, solidity and rigour of argumentation, clarity, organization and conciseness, and the overall contribution of the paper.
8. The winning papers will be selected primarly based on the maximum average points; the average is calculated taking into account all the received notes.
9. The award amounts to a total of Euro 400.-.
10. If the winning papers are written by more than one student, the prize is divided equally among the authoring students.
11. The grading has to be handed in in written form or by e-mail by the Jury members the first day of the Symposium at the latest.
12. Recourse to legal action is not allowed. The Jury has the right to modify the regulations without prior notice.
13. The winners will receive a certificate.
NOTE: This information is subject to change before ISUD7.
More details are available on the AERC2010 official website. AERC2010